School List

Registration Information

registration graphic

We are here to answer your questions and help you prepare for registering your child at one of our Catholic schools.

To make the registration process easier, you may want to start gathering the following documentation:

Proof of Age

Children registering for kindergarten must be four years old by December 31 of the year they start school. A birth certificate is an acceptable document to verify your child's age.

Did you know? In Ontario, parents can apply for a replacement birth certificate for children on-line at

Parent or child's Roman Catholic baptismal certificate

Our elementary schools require the parent or child's Roman Catholic baptismal certificate.

There are certain exceptions outlined in our Admissions to Elementary Schools Policy that can be made by the superintendent of your school. You can find this policy in our Policy and Procedure section of the website.

Updated immunization records

The Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit has great information about immunization and can help answer questions about your child's immunization for you. Visit their web site at

Proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status or documentation indicating your child's date of entry into Canada (for children not born in Canada)

Children who are from countries other than Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand, must provide a copy of the child's passport with a Canadian immigration stamp.

In addition to a permanent residency card, parents can provide a permanent residence application with receipt, a study permit, work permit, refugee documentation or a Minister's permit to remain in Canada.

Proof of address

Bringing in your tax assessment form is a good way to demonstrate your proof of address. Hydro, telephone or gas bills are also acceptable documentation.

Student Registration Form

When a child registers at one of our schools, parents are asked to complete a registration form. This form is the same regardless of whether you are registering your child for Junior Kindergarten or Grade 12. You can print this Registration Form, fill it out and return it to the Catholic school in your area.

Direction of tax support

We encourage parents to complete an Application for Direction of School Support and the School Support Lease if their tax assessment form shows they currently support the public school system.

Did you know? Designating your support for the separate system is important because it helps determine the number of trustees we are able to have and shows support for Catholic education. Both of these are critical to maintaining a strong Catholic education system in our province.

Did you know? If you move, your direction of tax support will automatically revert back to the public system and you will have to fill out a new application

*Health card information

Did you know? We no longer collect health card information for childrenwhen they register in one of our schools. The Personal Health Information and Protection Act introduced new rules in November 2004 regarding the collection of health card information. For more information, visit the Information and Privacy Commission web site